Essex Warriors full re-opening on 1st August
Next Sunday 1st August will be our first nearly normal meeting and we will return to normal timings, opening the doors at 9:30 am and closing around 4:30 pm (or earlier if the last game finishes before then).
Although legal restrictions have been lifted by government, we still need to exercise some caution. The Hall Management has asked that we limit attendance to no more than 30 people in the Main Hall and 15 people in the Small Hall, which seems eminently achievable given that our total membership is 46 and we have never seen more than 30 at a meeting!
Everyone will of course be aware of the government guidance following the lifting of legal restrictions. Building on that guidance we have set out our own recommendations:
- Do not attend if you have been told to self isolate, have shown a positive test or are showing any symptoms of Covid. If you feel unwell at a meeting then there is a Covid procedure which we will need you to follow.
- We will retain our sign-in sheet for the time being for Track and Trace purposes.
- Ventilation: Doors and windows must be left open and the fans should not be used.
- We recommend frequent cleaning and hand washing. We have a supply of sanitiser and cleaning materials to sanitise tables before and after use.
- Avoid large gatherings. People should not congregate in groups inside.It is much safer to talk in groups outside. In the past the kitchen area has proved a choke point so please try to keep this area clear. The kitchen area can now be used by members.
- While it is no longer compulsory to wear a face covering, individuals may wish to do so in the same way as they might do in any other public space. We will leave that decision up to each individual’s judgement.
We have taken a booking on both halls for the rest of this year’s meetings, namely: 1st, 15th and 29th August, 12th and 26th September, 10th and 24th October, 7th and 14th November, 5th and 19th December.
We are currently negotiating next year’s booking dates with the Hall and hope to arrange a full programme of 24 to 25 meetings as usual.
Finally, we look forward to a return to something approaching normality and to seeing you at the club again soon.
Essex Warriors Committee